Thursday, June 10

Intervals!

Today I tried to do intervals with Amy.  Tried.

Note to self:  Don’t eat a late lunch before a run at 5:15ish.  It makes you feel awful during the run!

We headed out on a pretty straight and less hilly path than we take on our Tuesday night hill repeats.  This week we did 6 (I did 5 cause I’m getting over the flu) 100meter hill repeats.  My outer buns are still killing me!  Yikes.  Can’t wait to make this part of my routine this summer.

Anyways back to tonight.  We headed out and I had Garmie set up for 4 0.25 intervals with 0.25 rest.  Two miles total.  Yeah I could have had a hard core 0.1 or 0.05 of rest but really, it was our first time attempting this and I didn’t want to wear us out!  This work out was fast and fun!  Our repeats looked like this: 

  • 0.25  2:10  8:40AP
  • 0.25  2:29 (not much of a cool down!)
  • 0.25  2:01  8:04AP
  • 0.25  3:52 (walked the rest of the rests…)
  • 0.25  2:06  8:24AP
  • 0.25  4:09
  • 0.25  2:09  8:39AP
  • 0.25  4:41

Pretty nice, right?  We did a mile cool down which was tough after running so fast.  Hope everyone’s having a good week.  I’m having fun trying new workouts with this new crew.  Thanks ladies for letting me run with you!

5 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job!

Lauren said...

Great job for sticking it out when you didn't feel so good!

X-Country2 said...

Yay for running buddies. You'll be speedy by summer for sure.

Nikki said...

That's great, I've always disliked speed intervals, but there's no doubt they work! Oh and the hills too! What a love-hate relationship.

Jamie said...

Great job on the intervals!