Wednesday, May 5

Race Report – PR!

That title’s for you Cross Country!  :D 

But really, I do have a race report and it does include a PR!

Last night I ran for 45 minutes at the gym.  First run since the 1/2.  It was painful.  Slow, and painful.

The reason I did this was because I didn’t want my race tonight to be the first run since the 1/2.  That, and I want to keep up my fitness!  I ran the Cinco de Mayo run put on by a running store here in town.  I thought I was going to be by my lonesome.  But after texting and calling around, I got four people to do it with me!  It was a casual race.  We did have numbers but no chips, no real start line.  By the time we got back there was a clock up though.  We all started it together then thinned out.  I ended up running it with a gal I’d met a few times before.  Amy.  Wende ended up running most of it by herself, I think.  And Ann and Laura ended up finishing mostly together at the end.  I knew we were running fast.  Faster than I usually run comfortably.  But that’s the idea when you’re trying to pr.   I guess.  In the end I told Amy to pull ahead and go for it.  We were both trying to break 30minutes.  I watched the clock flip over to 30 and lost a little steam.  Bummer.  I think I ended up finishing about 30:17.  Still a PR and SO CLOSE to 29:xx.  Sometime.  I think I feel like it’s getting closer.  This race, for instance, was 3 days after my 1/2 and I still ran a PR!  YAY!

30260_391745937745_500097745_4621251_3035010_n

Ann, Me, Wende, Laura (her first race, and she rocked it!), and Amy.


Here’s a picture of me finishing that Maverick 4K a few weekends ago.  Don’t I look thrilled to be done?  :D

just after this finish

6 comments:

Jamie said...

You are a racing machine. Congrats on the PR!!!

X-Country2 said...

WOO HOO! Race girl race! :o)

Awesome job on the PR. Your outfit isn't nearly as fab as the green tutu, but that was tough to beat.

Genesis said...

30:17 is an awesome time. but I know what you mean about the elusive 29:xx. one day i can get there too....

cant believe you ran that soon after your 1/2. you're awesome.

Lynn said...

Congrats on the PR AND the half marathon!!! awesome job!

P.S. my 5k PR is 30:14...I was so proud of it but so bummed that I was so close to 29:xx and didn't make it so I know exactly how you feel!!!

Five Green Penguins said...

where did the pic from the Maverick Stamped come from?

Lauren said...

Congrats on the PR! The 30 min barrier is hard to break!