Sunday, January 10

Another run

And it was a good one! :D

Yay. Fell asleep on the couch, again, at 10:30 last night. But the hubby did make me dinner so I did dishes before I fell asleep cause I'm nice like that. He stir fried up some onions, chicken, carrots, and 1/2 a green pepper with teryaki sauce (from a jar but it had these sesame seeds in it...fancy and good!). We served it over his new fav. sushi rice. Just plain white rice with vinegar and this simple syrup type mixture...he was cooking his choice. It makes good rice but meh it's white and I've heard brown is so much better for you so that's what I prefer.

I decided to use my early crash as a reason to get up early and get my run over with cause I have to work this afternoon (evening shift). I woke up ravenous and ate a spoon full of crunchy peanut butter as not to upset the stomach during the run. I contemplated making my English muffin and jam breakfast again but thought that would be too heavy, you know? Got to the gym and warmed up with a 5minute walk of 0.2 miles. Ran for 1 1/2 miles (17:30) and stopped to pee. Okay I technically don't like running indoors cause with all my out door workouts this summer it's become "boring!" but I do like the facilities! Then I hopped back on and completed 3.5 more miles! I ramped up the speed from 11:54 for the first mile (yikes I really eased into this one!) then to 10:34ish for the second. The next two were a solid 10:00min/mile with no breaks. Then back down to 11:54 and back up to I don't know, 8 something cause part of me just wanted to get it done. Kinda oscillated between wanting to walk and wanting to sprint the last 1/2 mile and well, anyways got it done. Got home and got some bacon going (two slices that I cut in half so it's like I had four slices...tricky I know), whole wheat English muffin, 1tbs butter approx., one fried egg. Hey, it's Sunday and that was my long run, right?

So, Danielle from 5K to marathon recently asked in a post if you were a lurker or a commenter. You know what I'm talking about. And I shamefully had to say lurker. It's not that I don't enjoy your posts but I'm kinda shy. Both in life and on line. How sad is that? I really should get out there and comment more.

Okay one more resolution, more commenting! I mean I feel great when I know you all are listening to me rant and rave and it's such a motivator to know that "I've got to get this run done cause I don't want to have to write 'fail' on my blog later!" :)

So thanks bloggie buddies for you the inspiration and advice. I really do enjoy every blog I read, if I didn't you wouldn't make it to my "blogs I frequent" list. Although I don't know if it's me or blogger, sometimes a blog's updated post doesn't make it to my blog roll. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Can't wait to hear about some fantastic race reports today. Congrats all you princess marathon finisher's out there!

9 comments:

skinnysweetpea said...

Delurking to say "congratulations on your long run today!" Your breakfast sounds yummy!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run!

Bootchez said...

To the whole "lurker" thing . . . I have maybe 20 blogs in my reader that I read daily (or close to it), but really only comment on maybe half (or less). Weirdly enough, sometimes on the "bigger" blogs, I get kinda shy -- which I realize is ridiculous because, no one even KNOWS me, so, so what? However, over on *MY* blog I want EVERYONE to comment so I know they're out there, so therefore I should comment on EVERY blog I read . . . conundrum.

Rachael said...

Agree'n with Bootchez ... I don't *think* I lurk, but when it comes down to it, I really do. I just read and read and read, and then I never feel quite up to the task of commenting. Except, I *love love love* getting comments on my blog ... so I should probably just get around to that ... it doesn't take that much extra time right?

Congrats on the run ... I'm about to skitter off for a 6 miler. Gulp!

from5ktomarathon said...

You know, I'm a lurker too so I totally know how you feel about being shy to comment sometimes.

Great job on your run! I agree, I HATE running inside, but the facilities are WONDERFUL to have when you need them :)

Nikki said...

Commenting is good, but lurking is fun too. Sometimes its just nice to catch up with what others are doing. Good job on the run today!

X-Country2 said...

Great job on the run! Although I never ever turn down breakfast. I'd die with just a spoonful on peanut butter.

The Smith Family said...

I'm with ya on the "lurker" stuff. Sometimes I feel like commenting and other times not, even if I really like a post. I guess it all depends on my mood!:) Glad to hear about your runs. Seriously, I WANT to run after this baby. Your posts motivate me for the future!:) Baby steps, that's how we apply change in our lives, right? Sometimes anyway!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I've never run 'inside' before, but sometimes I dream about running while I'm watching As the world turns...

Momshomerun