Sunday, December 13

I'm a triathlete x2!

So I know you're all anxiously awaiting results, but I didn't keep track. This was for fun and to see if I could survive it without real training. We'll have to wait till they're posted online. But, I finished! That was my big goal. And, you could tell I hadn't really trained!

Swim - swam the full 10minutes without stopping more than 5-10 seconds to breathe at 6minutes in. I didn't count my laps in the pool, though. Pretty sure it was less than last time. Still, did it.

Bike - Immediately put my towel over the distance/speed clockey thing. And about 10minutes in decided to check to see how I was doing...it wasn't on. It had recorded 36 seconds and then stopped for some reason. Last time I keep a towel over the clockey thing! After the volunteer fiddled with it a few seconds she had me jump on another bike promising she'd "just add to my total". So I'm not sure what my total will be. But I really felt strong. Once I got on a bike where I could see how fast I was going I was shocked. I was consistently in the mid twenties for mph. I think last time I was lower like, below 20mph the whole time. So I hope mid 20s is fast. For the last five minutes I pushed it and did over 30mph consistently. The guy next to me saw that I was at 35mph and said "go for 36, come on!" during the last 15seconds or so. Well, I hit 39mph and said "whoa!" and my legs just stopped. My left foot flew out of the peddle and it kept coming around to hit me in the back of the leg. I had also thought I'd heard her say stop pedaling, but everyone else kept going. I don't know if she was just warning us or what so the last few seconds I was at 6mph until we all stopped. I couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe I peddled so fast my feet left the clips. Dork! ps- LOVED not having the resistance preset!

Run - meh. I knew I'd pushed it on the bike. And, I knew how sucky my runs had been. So I knew I'd get no where near the 2.21miles I'd had the first tri. I ended up running 4.5 and 5.5 or 10:54 for the first 10minutes or so. Then 6.0, then 4.0 when I felt like I was tiring at 12:30 or so. Back up to 5.5 or 6.0 ish and then 6.5 or 9:13 pace for the last minute. I definitely could have pushed harder. But I knew I didn't want to have to walk and so I played it conservative. Plus, I'm working tonight and didn't want to fatigue myself too much.



As of 8:15am this morning I became a triathlete again! I left the gym around 9:00 and stopped for donuts (duh!) and got home just in time to see my hubby leave for work. Now I'm all showered up and will be leaving for work at about 2:30 to work till 12am. Wahoo! This week my schedule with work is kinda different cause my hubby's having Lasik eye surgery on Thursday so we'll see what kind of workouts I get in. But I love these indoor tris! Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I'll be more in shape and ready to really push to beat my first tri's totals!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wait, you did all that and now you're going to work? Wow, nice job. Like the shirt too.

teacherwoman said...

Great job! Love the shirt! I did a Lifetime Fitness indoor tri a couple years ago and love it! It was my first one! I think I am going to try and do the Chanhassen, MN one this February!

Ann Arthur said...

Way to push yourself, Kelly! :)

I'll join you next year if it's not at 7am. ;)

Suzino said...

Congrats on the accomplishment. Also glad to see you've warmed up to hubby's eye surgery.

X-Country2 said...

You earned that shirt!!

Ulyana said...

This is really cool! Congrats! And I love that shirt too :)

jen said...

Congratulations Kelly!! Nice job. That sounds like such a fun race!