Monday, November 2

so far, so good.

I think I may say this at the beginning of every week, but I'm hopeful. Hopeful that I can get some good miles in this week. Started Sunday off with beautiful weather! And, great running friends. Wende and Molly and I headed out on a small out and back trail that was covered with leaves. Gorgeous. We stopped for a few minutes to try and help one woman find a lost car key, no luck. We knew someone had mentioned a patron putting they key up on a rock in the middle of the trail, but when the woman went near the rock, someone else coming the other direction got to it first and kicked it! Yikes. So it was lost on the side of the trail in the leaves, if someone didn't pick it up already. Hope she found it. We did just over at 5k in about 37:00, not too fast but it was a nice, slow, chatty run.

Today I hit the gym with Tiffany, who I hadn't worked out with in for ever! I wasn't feeling the treadmill run after running outside yesterday so I broke it up:

1 mile: 10:54
3/4 mile: 9:40
1/2 mile: 9:13
1/4 mile: 8:54

Sped it up. I think I read, somewhere, that this is one of those 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 200 workouts. But I guess I calculated wrong and didn't actually do a 200, would that have been 1/8 or 0.125miles? I still don't know the track math yet! I wasn't a cross country runner. I took 30-90seconds in between each section to walk and recover. This was fun. Challenging but with the breaks it was doable. I'm looking forward to maybe getting an evening run in with Wende tonight, as she had to work today and doesn't go to our gym so wouldn't have been able to join us anyways.

Happy Monday. Hopefully I'll be posting soon with more workouts!

3 comments:

Bootchez said...

Optimism on a Monday? Good for you! And optimism after a treadmill run? Even better. Have a great week!

teacherwoman said...

Happy Monday to you too!

X-Country2 said...

The weather is beautiful, isn't it? Glad you're feeling so good.