Sunday, November 8

Beer and Bagel 09!

So, I haven't had any great runs this past week. In fact, Wed's run was awful! One of my worst ever. Poor Tiffany had to ditch me and just keep going. I shouldn't have stayed up till 1:45am and then tried to run earlyish in the morning. I've learned my lesson. Maybe. I'm sure I'll stay up late again before a run. I just have to take them more seriously I guess.

Anyways to my exciting run of the week. Today was the Beer and Bagel Run. It's Tiffany's and I's one year anniversary of running together! We even wore matching socks!


I love how they're kinda old school athletic socks. Sorry about this picture my computer won't let me edit it to rotate it, it says it's read only.

So this run isn't really a race for us. It's just the one off road race with a cool shirt and good post race food. Chili and beer. My beer I gave to hubby and I stuck with chili and water and diet coke. Mmm. Great at 9am. Tiffany dropped me about 0.4miles into the run. The first steep hill. After about 0.75 we came to a standstill. Everyone thought it was a water stop and was getting frustrated till we saw the ravine. There were ropes. That's right, we had to repel down a muddy steep incline, run across muddy water and pull ourselves back up with another rope. There were guys helping and cheering on and near the top of the uphill I hear "Come on polka dots let's go!"
I wish there was another point like this in the race. So fun! Maybe I should do the living history farms race? Some day. Some day. Our ravine wasn't that wet but it was still fun.

Ann found me just before that spot and we ran/walked the rest of the way together. Here's a few of us finishing up the race:


This is me making my breakaway. Look out!



I'm so fast my hair is blurry!
Ann's so fast she's blurry!

Here's all three of us after getting our bagels and water:



Showing off the aftermath of the run:


Being goofy and eating chili:
(Sexy I know)

One last shot of the outfit, after I put pants on under my skirt:



Again, sad day that I can't get the picture to rotate! And, ps, I made that bag this week.

So, as you can see this race I sported: knee high socks, new running skirt from Lucy, under armor long sleeve, red tank top (to match the socks) and a polka dot headband. Thank you Lucy for having built in shorts! I'm still pretty sure that this skirt did give quite the show up and down those hills! Yikes! Meh, I was cute though! That's all that counts.

Speaking of cute, Tiffany and I are thinking of doing the egg nog jog 5k and they encourage costumes. So, I think we're going to get these. How cute would it be to be "mis matching" Christmas-y socks? I think I might want to make little aprons to wear, and jingle bells, and headbands or santa caps....oh how fun!

I can't wait for the beer and bagel run next year! This race is so much fun and you should totally come out and do it next year if you're around, bloggy people!

3 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Looks like fun! A bunch of my running group did it, so I'm in next year for sure.

Jamie said...

Looks like a great race! Beer and chili? I only wish I lived closer :) Loving the socks!!!

joyRuN said...

Sounds like a fun race!! And definitely sounds like you're ready for living history farms race for sure ;)

Mmmmm... post race beer & chili....