Monday, October 5

Shredded.

That's right, last Friday in my non-shopping trip to target where I found myself another new tanktop (Imagine this with blue and purple stripes on it, couldn't find the exact picture...but these tanktops are my fave. Just long enough and such cute patterns and colors.)...I found myself Jillian Michael's 30day shred.



-I just did level 1. It took the 20minutes it told me it would and I liked how it was broken up. For those of you who haven't gotten Shred, it's 3minutes of strength, 2minutes cardio, 1minute abs, repeat. So the strength, I think I may have the weakest arms ever. She had me do squats while raising 3lb weights up to my eyes...my shoulders were killing me. And, since when are jumping jacks a warm up? I think those should have counted towards my cardio. Pretty sure I heard her say for motivation, "We don't stop once we've crossed the finish line!". And I said aloud to my tv, "Um, ... yes, yes I do. That's why it's a finish line".

-I like the workout, now if I stick with it, I'll be comparing my progress to my running buddy Tiffany's progress with P90X. That's right, Tiffany, it's on! Jillian vs P90X. I believe in Jillian. Let's do this!

-For those of you who have worked out with this dvd before, when did you move onto levels 2 and 3? Did you mix it up right away? Do you all think I can skip the days I work 12hrs, cause I'm gonna be tired, or do you think this is a program you're supposed to do 30days straight?


Off to get the fixings for company pot roast from Ina Garten I saw last week. Mmmm.

8 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I think I did about 8 days on level 1, 10-12 days on level 2 and then the rest on level 3. It sure worked some of those areas that I was definitely weaker at, and since i wasn't running at the time It was a quick but good workout!

P.S. I found myself yelling at Jillian... do it. You'll feel better if you do! :)

The Smith Family said...

I think I did about a week on level one and then moved on. I wish I could've stuck with it (never got to 3), but Jillian irritated me so much! I wanted to smack her around more than working out...but maybe that's the point, to make you angry enough that you're working out harder and sweating more?:) You running girls though--I'm totally going to learn how and stick with it after this baby. April/May here I come! All your motivating posts make me excited to try once again!:)

X-Country2 said...

Bummer about the fall on Sunday. SOunds like a good race otherwise. I have 30DS, and it's good for weight training, but it's not really a substitute for cardio.

Jamie said...

I tend to pop Jillian in the DVR when I need a quick an dirty cross-training session. I have never done it the 30 days through. I also have yet to try level 3 b/c 1 and 2 kick my butt.

joyRuN said...

Ugh. I've heard that DVD is brutal! If you get arms like Jillian though - so worth it.

sam said...

I am way late on the shred train. I just heard about it and I want to go buy it so bad! I am nervous though because I feel like I am so so out of shape. Are you sor at all after round one?

Rachael said...

I meant to comment on this earlier, but I just now remembered that I hadn't yet.
I like Level 2 of the Shred better then Level 1. Not as many jumping jacks. I hate jumping jacks purely because they hurt my ankles. No need to wreck my running because of that ...
P90X is likely gonna kick butt compared to Jillian. No offense, cause I know you want homegirl to win, but P90X is like a New York Porterhouse Steak, whereas Shred is a Grilled piece of chicken. Both are great, but one is hardcore. I know my best friend really likes Shred. I couldn't stand her, Jillian makes me mad. I just wanna hit the screen and yell at her. Tony is hot, he's got cute little shorts on and you just wanna please him. LOL. Plus P90X is 17 times more expensive.

Lisa said...

I did level 1 for 10 days and then moved to level 2. Her videos are great. I have 3 of them and all are great workouts. Her "surrender" move is KILLER!