Sunday, October 18

Holy no posting batman!

Well, here's how I've been. I went to KC to get my heart checked out by my "family cardiologist". My mom died of a fatal arrhythmia at 53 and since then her sisters both have had defibrillators placed with one having a pacer and her brother's also seen this cardiologist. So, after having a lack of communication with my cardiologist I went down there. So far, so good. No arrhythmia's that they could identify and my heart doesn't have much permanent damage to it that's causing any really concern. Yay. Still sinking in that I'm okay since I've lived for four years thinking that I had heart damage and a low EF. So no running earlier this week while I was out of town.

So that's all fine and boring.

Back to the running! I read Denise's post on Friday and thought, surely I can get to the gym and run for a little while. I did 60minutes with 5.3miles. Yay. Great run! Only walked a few times and did all my running at 6.0 or 6.2 which is 10min or 9:40min/mi pace! (No incline though, I'm not that crazy!) Today I did 4.4 with Ann around Lake Z in 53minutes, a slow 12min/mi pace. But it felt good to get out and move. The weather today is going to be beautiful. Too bad I'm headed into work.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm looking forward to another run tomorrow.

6 comments:

Bootchez said...

Welcome back and yay! to normal EFs -- I didn't know you (thought you) had a heart problem along with the other things -- glad to see you're still out there layin' em down. And, sheesh, the link to the blogger with the 20-mile treadmill run? Crazy, man, crazy. My longest so far on the treadmill is 3 miles, and I thought I'd died.

Ulyana said...

Not boring at all! Yay for a healthy heart, so glad you are okay. Look forward to more run reports!

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you have a healthy heart!

jen said...

Very good news about your check up. You are doing all the right things with your running, and you're proactive with the doctor visits, so I think you are on a path to a long and healthy life. Seeing our parents suffer health problems is a good reminder for us to take good care of our own bodies. I'm sorry your mom passed away so young, I know she'd be proud of you. I'm pretty darn proud of you, that's for sure! Well done on the TM run and the lake run. You're doing great!

I meant to comment before about your fall at the 5k- first of all, GREAT time, second of all, I fell during a marathon once in front of a LOT of people and ran the whole race with blood running down my leg and hands. Gross. It happens to the best of us. :P I've fallen several times in training too, I know that is pretty common. But now we share a special Fell During a Race club. :)

Rachael said...

alright, alright, I need to give that treadmill another shot. I've been so mad at it that I haven't even given it a second chance, but you maybe just inspired me ... I might do that when I get off work tonight because by the time I get home it'll be dark outside and I may like running in the rain, but the dark is a whole different story. I'm still trying to grow THOSE balls ...
Great job by the way on the times and with your heart :)

Jamie said...

glad to hear the heart is healthy! good news! and great job with the running.