Just when I was thinking "I need a few good solid runs to make me feel better" I got them!
Did a GREAT 7.1miles on Sunday. That's right, 7.1 with my girls and we only really walked 0.5miles. So we definitely ran a 10K, that's the confidence booster I needed. I really feel like this Sunday is going to go great! We did the whole Lake this time and I really felt hard core again, I felt like I could have kept going you know? Yeah!
Splits: (don't laugh, I know we're slow!)
11:16 (ran at 8:50 pace the last 0.25mile to get under 12:00 for my last mile)
17:04 (walked the first 0.5mile of this for a breather)
Last 0.1 1:04
Tada! So, this bothers me a little. I feel like since I'm still so slow that I have to carve out a LONG time for me to accomplish any sort of distance. Does anyone else feel frustrated when, (no joke) Wende's boyfriend went out for a quick 1/2hour and covered 5miles while it took us girls 1:31 to travel 7.1?! Tell me some day I'll be speedy. Maybe not 5miles in 1/2hr speedy but maybe 9min/mile average speedy... I can dream.
Today I went to the gym for the first time in weeks. It was as follows:
1) Step on treadmill
2) Set incline to 0. That's right, no incline. Chickened out.
3) Run a 6mile/hr or 10minute mile (with the warm up it was 10:10)
4) Pause treadmill to "stretch" or take a one minute rest break...either way.
5) Run the second mile in 9:30 to try to get my two miles in under 20min.
6) Take a paused rest break to catch breath
7) Attempt a third mile...10:00 ish again.
8) Stop the treadmill at 29:57 having gone...wait for it...3.05 miles!!!
YAY! I know there was no incline, but I really felt like I was flying! Crazy fast. I would run at 6.0 for my "slow" then venture up to 8:00min/mile pace for a few...really no walking that I remember, maybe cause I have selective memory today for only the good stuff about my running recently.
For those of you looking for deals, you may want to check out your local Target. I found some pretty cute running tops Who doesn't need that? And, it was half that price! I found three I loved. And of course, couldn't live without.