Monday, September 28

Hello hello!

Well I ran well, and finished without walking! Which was my overall goal, secretly. We didn't hit the 1hour mark, but really, that would have been pushing it!

Felt great the first mile, you know, you get swept up in the race it feels wonderful. Didn't go out too fast because the first 1.5miles was the biggest hill in the course, so that helped a lot. My right inside ankle started hurting about mile 2, not too bad, but enough to be noticed. Mile 3-5 I kept thinking I could probably walk and Tiffany would say "we're not walking!". And, actually, the miles flew by! I didn't have Garmie with me, in my pre race half-asleep-ness I forgot it so we were running by feeling and Tiffany's heart rate monitor watch alone. Which was actually good, I couldn't look at my pace all the time and freak out. Tiffany dropped me at about 5.5miles maybe 6miles in and sped up to her finish. I coughed at one point at mile six, and almost vomited. I actually had put my hand to my mouth thinking I was going to, scary!

Crossed the finish line in 1:07 which was faster than I was expecting. Official time is 1:05:46 with a 10:35AP. Didn't walk a single step. Wonderful. I could see myself really liking this distance!


Oh boy, late for work...working the evening shift tonight. Will run about 4miles tomorrow with Tiffany. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

X-Country2 said...

YAY!! Nice work!

JenLo said...

I love reading your blog! I'm a kickboxing mom, beginning runner, so I'm learning everything I can. Great job this weekend--congrats!

Meg said...

Congrats on the great run! I'm still trying to get myself in good enough shape to run a 5k without walking!

Danielle said...

Great job on the race!