Friday, July 17

Yesterday I decided to take a break from running cause I don't want to over do it. And, I swam. Yep, I'm just diving back into all this (sorry about the pun). I did 15 laps and really felt tired around 11 but pushed through to 15. It felt great to stretch with each stroke, I felt like my arms and abs and whole body really got a workout. I got out of the pool and my inner thighs hurt...oh yeah. I'll get my body back! Just watch, or don't that's creepy. But I'll feel so much better when I'm toned back up. I feel like such a slob!

I talked to one of my doctors about PT for the abs, and he frowned and said "why? You're a healthy young woman, you shouldn't need it". So, I guess I'm not PT'ing my abs. It's a vertical midline incision and cut through the abdominal muscles so hopefully it'll just start to heal up nice. The sit ups I did Tuesday and Wednesday we're horrible so I think I'll be fine.

I'm getting ready to try another run around my block, maybe two miles? This time I can't forget my heart rate monitor! That would be a good thing. I don't want to die out there.


Look what I just registered for:
Amanda's gear giveaway I love run to the finish's giveaways, and she's such a cool person. Check out her blog anyways.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yea for a great swim! I'm trying to get into swimming so I think it's great that you are starting slow and setting small, attainable goals. Go you!

I promise you are not the only one who thinks cilantro tastes like soap - it truly is genetic! Ask other people in your family if they notice the same thing when they eat it and I bet some of them will agree with you too!

I bought the coconut milk ice cream at our local grocery store so maybe yours will have it too. I do think that places like Whole Foods have a greater selection of flavors so you may want to try there. Enjoy!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the swim. Way to dive back in! LOL