Tuesday, July 14

I'm BAAAACK!

Yes. That's right, my doctor cleared me for running and other such activities as long as I don't lift more than 40 pounds for the next month. Which, won't be a problem.

I couldn't wait for my running buddy. Scratch that, I was too nervous to run with her cause I knew this first time would be mostly walking...I would be embarrassed. So I ran with my hubby, 1.63 miles in 21:52. Not a PR my any means but it's definitely a start!!!!

So, can I just say for a moment, that my husband does not run. But he kicked my a%$ today. He was just jogging along at 9:00 pace "Trying to slow down" but it was hard for him to go much slower because of his "longer stride". Ugh.

But, it's a start and I can't wait for tomorrow to try to run more during my run than I did today. There was a lot of walking involved. I think it may have been because a) I haven't run in over 7 weeks and b) Brian was running faster than I'm used to when I'm in shape let alone now.

Maybe my running buddy will have time to squeeze in a run before her vaca... maybe?

:D

Get ready for more posting about running people, this is going to happen.

5 comments:

Jogger said...

YAY! YOU'RE BACK! So glad that you're feeling well enough again to run. It'll take some time, but I'm sure that you'll come back stronger than ever!

joyRuN said...

Welcome back on the road! Take it easy - it'll come back to you :)

Jamie said...

Welcome back! Take it nice and easy you'll be back full force in no time!

Mom on the Run said...

Welcome back!

Nicole said...

welcome back