Saturday, June 6

So, hope this works. I'm trying to use my blackberry to update. Hopefully i'll be home tomorrow. But for now i'm still at the hospital. They had to open my abdomen up due to a congenital abnormality. That means I've lived with this for the past 27 years it just decided to cause problems now. They've said no working or running for the next 6 weeks. I don't know if I'll be able to train for Chicago now. I have a nice incision that goes from the naval down for about 8 inches. I can't get over the fact that they had to open me up. I can't believe I had a major abdominal surgery. I've been up and moving since 545 yesterday. I took about 6 walks. They kept telling me not to over do it. But i'm a nurse. I know what happens to your fitness when you lay in bed for days on end.

I'm really excited, my sister is coming in on Sunday. And some of my aunts have said that they'd come up to see me if I wanted.

Just a quick update. I'll let you all know more when I can get to a computer.

6 comments:

jawsome said...

Yikes! I'm glad you're ok!

teacherwoman said...

That is a major surgery. Hope you heal fast!

Jamie said...

That sounds pretty serious! I'm glad you are okay. Heal quickly!!!

SweetPea said...

I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are feeling okay. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

The Smith Family said...

Sheesh Kelly! And this was supposed to be "simple" surgery I thought. Grrr. But I'm glad you're doing so well. Are you on our floor? Just make sure to hit the call button about a million times at each shift change with really random pages like "my prostate is bothering me!":) HUGS! If I can bring ya dinner or anything once you're home let me know--you're just down the street!:)

X-Country2 said...

Dang girl. That sounds serious! Keep listening to the doctors, and take care of youself.