Sunday, June 7

So hi. Back home, at my computer. Trying to get caught up on blogs and what not. It's amazing how many of you post on a consistent basis. I'm gone for 5 days and I have 8billion to read. Not that I'm complaining.

So I went into have my laproscopic ovarian cyst removal. And the Dr ran into a congeital abnormality and called in a general surgeon and a urologist to asssist. Apparently they dropped everything at their offices to rush to operate on me cause I was lying open on the table. They did a partial cycstectomy (removed some of my bladder) and a partial small bowel resection along with my ovarian cyst removal. On a positive note, that cyst removal couldn't have gone better. And, I'm really lucky they found things the way they did. If I had been under the knife in any other abdominal operation, they would have sliced right through my bladder and I would probably be peeing out of bag for the rest of my life. So I'm really actually happy about this. The surgeon appologized for having to cut me open, but I told her there was no need to appologize. I feel very lucky.

Living on pain pills and lots of rest this next week. Hope everyone's doing well. I would post pictures of my staples but who really wants to see that? Hopefully they'll be out on Tuesday. And the catheter out 10 days after surgery. We'll see.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow...that is absolutely crazy! I'm glad the surgery went smoothly and I hope you are all fixed up now. I hope you heal quickly now!

M*J*C said...

WOW!!!! That's crazy! I'm glad that everything went well, so lucky that they found everything the way they did. I'll be thinking about you and hoping that the next couple weeks go super smooth and fly by.

EricaH said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Hope you recovery is quick. :)

X-Country2 said...

You really were lucky! Sheesh, how scary. Be sure to keep taking care of yourself and rest up.

SJ said...

Here's to a speedy recovery...

Blyfinn said...

Man that sounds painful. I wish you a speedy recovery.

jen said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. We are so lucky to have such amazing doctors. Take your time healing up and we'll all be thinking of you. Take care! :)

The Smith Family said...

SO glad you're home. I'll have to find out what excellent docs and surgeons took care of you. It's always nice to hear of the "good" stories. Glad they dropped everything to fix you all up in one surgery! Hang in there and get some rest!

Cal said...

Good luck and hope to see you running when you can!

RunToFinish said...

ok I'm so out of the loop I'm jsut getting caught up. So glad this was an "easy" surgery and I hope hubs takes fantastic care of you this week!

Ulyana said...

I'm just catching up on your blog. Wow, I'm sorry you had to have the operation, and I'm very glad it went ok. I've had the same operation, only a very long time ago when I was 14. It sucks! I feel your pain. Hope you recover VERY SOON! Get well, and I can't wait for more race reports :)