Saturday, May 23

Did a three mile run this morning. Had to walk, surprise surprise. But I always feel better after I've run. I ran with a new running buddy today, an old college roommate who's going to be training for the Omaha Marathon in Sept. We're both doing the 5mile race on Monday, she's the reason I signed up actually. I was glad to see she wasn't racing ahead of me. I always worry that I'm holding my running buddy's back. She also didn't mind walking when I felt I had to. Again, with the bladder pain today, and I'm constantly the last few days feeling really full. All the time. I have to force myself to eat. If I didn't know any better I'd say I might be pregnant but that's not possible. At least I hope not with the CTs and MRIs I've had recently you think they'd see a baby, right? Ah the worries of being a girl. Be thankful guys.

So, I think it's time I stop dilly-dallying and start picking a training program. I found a few online, Marathon Rookie, I liked the name of the site, sounds less intimidating. Marathon Training, Hal, Sport Fitness Advisor, and First.

They all look pretty legit. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to run about 4 or 5 days a week with some swimming cause, well it's summer and I needs me a tan.

Anyone have a plan that worked really well for their first marathon? One where they finished in a time they couldn't even believe?! That would be awesome. I'd like to finish the marathon and maybe beat Katie Holmes and finish in under 5:29:58. We'll see.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 comments:

X-Country2 said...

I assume you're running Boystown? I'll be there too! Hopefully the weather is perfect. Good luck!

Jamie said...

For my first marathon I used Hal's plan then combined it with the Runner's World Smartcoach. I've heard good things about FIRST but haven't used.

Good luck at the 5 miler on Monday!

X-Country2 said...

I think I was at packet pickup around 1:45 yesterday! I looked like a hot mess, so I'm half bummed/half relieved you didn;t say hi. :o)

Hopefully you did well today. Can't wait to read your report.

M2Marathon said...

I used a modified version of the RW Smartcoach plan for my half marathon and am doing the same to get from half to full by August. Seems to work pretty well for me on both the speed/distance scales.