Friday, April 3

Garm-ie!




That's right. The last two days I've been obsessed with the garmin. Don't you hate when you (maybe this only happens to me) you get fixated on something. Like the Garmin or the ipod I couldn't live without a few years back. I had to have a garmin. It just seemed so cool, everyone's got one...I am sick of trying to guesstimate my mile splits and what not. And the Garmin has everything. So I hear. So I did it. Called around and looked around town for two days (I know not that long but like I said, I had to have one). I picked up a Garmin Forerunner 405 in green. Expensive yes. Didn't I just get a heartrate monitor for my birthday in January? Yes. I can still use that one in doors when I'm on the treadmill, right? And this Garmin'll help me with my newly found track workouts. No more guessing at pace! I'm so excited. It's all charged up and ready to go. But you may have noticed that the screen looks funny. Well, the buttons are sensitive I can tell. I think in my handling to try and charge it it got set to some Slovakian language. I just got off the phone with a Garmin rep who helped me set my baby to English. Whoo hoo! Now I am very excited about my purchase but a little guilty too. Well very guilty, I could have lived without a Garmin. In fact if I'd waited a day or too the NEED to have one would have passed. But no, I didn't. I'm too impatient. Oh well. I'll use it on all my outdoor runs and my Polar will still be used for all my indoor ones. I'm not a horrible person am I?

Can't wait for our long run on Monday. Today was supposed to be our long run. But it was hotter than normal, we weren't that chatty, and it was the afternoon which we never run in. So we called it quits at 7.5miles.

Run: 7.5miles/1:23:22/11:06AP

7 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Jealous.

Did you get that at Sheels? Every time I go there, I walk past the Garmin case and stare.

jen said...

YAY! I am also obsessed with my Garmin, but I don't have the newest one. Jealous! It's cute. :)

Nicole said...

so, jealous. I've wanted one for so long but I'm so cheap. Enjoy.

Borsch said...

LOL>>>>I'm Obsessed with mine as well! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Bootchez said...

Welcome to the GPS world from another obsessed fan! The thing is awesome and changes everything!

melinda said...

congrats on the garmie! yay! Don't worry, I obsess over things too.... I wish I had a garmin..

SweetPea said...

Add me to the "Garmin obsessed" list! I went back and forth about needing/wanting a Garmin and am so glad that I splurged and got it. Enjoy!