Tuesday, March 17

Two workouts today.

Did a 45min spinning class this morning to prepare for my triathlon. Let's just say this was my first spinning class in well over a year and when the instructor said "Turn it a full turn" (meaning the resistance) there may have been one or all times when I turned it a quarter or a half turn. Meh, it was my first class in a long long time. So I was proud of finishing it. I'm hoping to do this same class next week and then call it good for the tri.

This afternoon I went for what was supposed to be a 5mile run with a few girls from work, not my usual running buddy. Tiffany didn't want to run cause she had done the spin class with me which I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for this afternoon's run tomorrow when my legs are heavier than blank. But oh well. So I ran with a few girls from work who are planning on doing a half around the same time Tiffany and I are. We set off around the same lake we did our 6miler on Sunday. The run ended up being about 4.8 instead of 5 oh well. I was dragging by the third mile for sure! Walked during the 3rd and 4th mile due to stomach upset but overall ran a pretty good pace I thought. Although we did start out way too fast. I clocked our first mile at 9:09. Yeah. That's what I thought. "WTF?!". So we slowed way down in the next few miles. But we all had a good chat and had a good time. Looking forward to more good weather and outdoor runs.

Spin: 50:42
Run: 4.78/50:31/10:34AP

Yay for two workouts though.

6 comments:

Suzino said...

You're nuts. But i still love you.

jen said...

Congrats on the awesome workouts. When I went spinning I totally fake turned the knob! :D Great run too, sounds like a fun group.

Borsch said...

That sounds like a good day! Two turns to the right....

X-Country2 said...

You're going to rock this racing season!

Bootchez said...

Kudos from another fake knob-turner. No faking the 9:09 mile, though, you are really improving.

Blyfinn said...

Looks like the tri will go well for you. And the rest of the running season.