Thursday, March 5

Speedy speedy.

So in preparation for my triathalon (March 29th here in Omaha), I've been tryinig to maxamize my 20min run. Last night after my 12hr day I headed to the gym. I didn't end up running on Tuesday and felt a little guilty.

2.15miles/19:15/8:57AP


This morning, running buddy and I weren't feeling the run so we decided to do a quick two miles:

2.03/18:51/9:12AP

What what? I know! I know.
I'm shocked. Today I started at 6.0 and didn't slow down, ended the last 0.25miles with 8.0 or 7:30pace. Craziness.

In other news I think it's time to think about half marathon fashion. What do you think abou these shirts? I know they're cotton but meh, they'll just get super sweaty and I'm not sure that I can find a customization for a tech shirt. Anyone have any good ideas?

PS - here's a funny picture of me and my new running buddy sugar bear (my running buddy's new saint) -



Doesn't it look like I'm strangling her?

6 comments:

Gina said...

Hey there! I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to let you know that zazzle has custom singlet for running, http://www.zazzle.com/cr/design/pt-shirt?style=performance_ladies_singlet&color=white
I haven't tried it yet, but will probably be making myself one for my race in May.

jen said...

That dog is so cute!!

Awesome job on your two speeeedy runs! Dang. :)

That shirt is sure cute! I know there are tech shirt printing companies out there, I just don't know their names off hand. Good luck!

Jogger said...

Great job on your runs! I'm going to try starting fast tonight for my 3.5 miles. We'll see how it goes!!

Blyfinn said...

You're getting faster. Just in time for the race.

teacherwoman said...

Speedy indeed! Cute pup!

X-Country2 said...

What a cute dog!

I run 95% of my summer runs in a white cotton wifebeater, so I've never seen what all the "cotton=NOOOO" drama is about. Plus, I always choose fashion over function.