Sunday, March 29

I'm a triathlete!

Swim: 425yds (17 lengths)/10min/2:21/100yards - yay
Bike: 9.0miles/30min/3:20/mileAP - almost killed me, I think my seat was set too low
Run: 2.21miles/20min/9:03AP - SO CLOSE! Decided to walk for 15-20 seconds at 13minutes to take a drink. If it weren't for that I'd like to think I could have had my 2.25


I'm pretty pumped about this. I'm wearing my "triathlete" shirt right now and plan on wearing it all day. I can't wait to see how I did compared to everyone else!

The swim was fun, I even pulled in front of my lane partner after 3 lengths which really made me feel good. And judging from my AP, it's a tad faster than I normally swim.

Bike almost killed me. I couldn't stretch out my legs like I'd wanted to, I think my seat was too low. From the first 30 seconds my quads were on fire. This gal came over and said I was doing great. I'm sure she felt sorry for me cause I was the slowest biker there. They had the wave before us in front of our bikes and they were pounding it home when we started out. Made me feel even slower. The gal said "Save it for the run, you're doing great. I do 1/2 ironmans I know, the key is not to burn yourself out on the bike. Keep it up". That really made me feel good. I even made my bike goal plus a mile so for me it was a good ride. But, I'm sure I hobbled all the way to the treadmills for the run.

Run - started at 6.3 increased every 5min or mile marker which ever came first. Like I said before I walked a bit to drink and I think if it weren't for that I would have had my goal. But I really had a great time! Can't wait to do it again next year! Thanks LTF!

9 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Way to go! You rocked it!

Bootchez said...

Hey triathlete! Congratulations! You did awesome!

Mom on the Run said...

Congratulations!!

Nicole said...

Congrats.

Suzino said...

Yay for you. I'm so excited. Helen did a triathlon once, that's when she decided she hated running. In other random news. Were you aware that your gym (my former gym) has the bestest energy bars ever. I think i miss those the mostest from that gym.

X-Country2 said...

So cool! I'd love to do a tri some day, and this race might be a great start.

on my way, or "tri"ing to be said...

omg! I am sooo proud of you! Mine is a month away, and I'm already shaking in boots!

Congrat's girly! This is a major accomplishemt :)

jen said...

Congratulations!! You are a triathlete! And a damn good one. Your swim was amazing, your bike was strong, and your run was awesome!! YAY!! :)

melinda said...

Great job!!! this is a huge accomplishment and I am sure you will have many more! Congrats triathlete!