Thursday, March 19

Good solid run.

Did the loop around Lake Z. this morning with just Tiffany. But by did the loop I mean the WHOLE thing! Never have I (we) done that before! It was about 7.5miles the middle three of which seemed to drag on. And the last mile and a half seemed to take forever. You know when you're running around a lake and you can see your car from the other side and you're like, "Why can't baby Jesus just help me out a little so I can run across the water to my car?". Is that too much to ask when I'm tired of running already? I kept my heart rate in my zone for the first um, 3-4miles or so. But I didn't feel like we picked up our pace at all and suddenly I couldn't keep it under 170 something. What is that? Is that cause I've been running for 3-4miles and my heart's just tired? I tried walking and as soon as we started up again it was right back up there. Of course by walking I mean we took 10-20 seconds to stretch or walk up or down a steep part. Thank you Tiffany and your sore hips and your untied shoes and me for my just wanting to walk...Ah good times. Our run was good. Our first mile pace was 9:45 which just a few days ago I'd done in 9:09 so I'm not sure how accurate our mile one marker is cause that seems too fast for outside. Over all the run looked like this

7.5miles/1:24:59/11:19AP

Nice slower, although didn't feel too slow run. I pre run had a piece of toast with peanut butter, and didn't tell Tiffany until now, sprinkled a few mini chocolate chips on there. Mmmm. Delish. After the run I went straight to the computer and inputted the data to Buckeye and showered. Then had my chocolate milk and carnation instant breakfast. Did I tell you that Mon and Tues I had been making smoothies? I guess I should call them shakes but they did include fruit so they were healthier than shakes. I was putting 3-4scoops carnation instant breakfast in rich milk chocolate, chocolate milk, two heaping scoops of peanut butter, one whole banana, 3-4 ice cubes into my blender. Hey, it's not green but it's a start. So I didn't have the banana and didn't feel like cleaning the blender again so I stuck to the plain old chocolate milk and instant breakfast. Still good. And, since we have no chitlin's I just napped for a good hour and a half on the couch while hubby watched basketball and ate lunch and played video games. I can't believe I slept through all that.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

5 comments:

X-Country2 said...

I ran around Lake Z Saturday with my mom, and I forgot how lovely it was. Too bad it's so far from my house.

joyRuN said...

Good job on the run. My HR starts creeping up at the end of my long runs - not that I'm going any faster.

Bob Hazen said...

Nice solid run - yeah lakes are never fun when you can see the other side....

Bootchez said...

Your shake with the chocolate milk (and everything else in your cabinet) sounds crazee. I love me some chocolate milk but can't imagine it mixed with the carnation etc. etc., it's an entire meal! I gotta try it!

Blyfinn said...

Nice run. I always think that runs are easier when there are things to look at like a beautiful lake.