Tuesday, February 10

Getting better.

Today's run was better than yesterday. Not fabulous again, like Tiffany, but good. Tiffany rocked the last two runs even though today she "really didn't feel like running". Funny yesterday that was how I felt and I sucked through the whole thing. She used her not wanting to run and rocked a 6.5/6.7 pace for I bet a few miles. That being a really fast pace for her. So me, being the turtle this week, tried to keep up. First two miles easy at 5.5 then 5.7 for the third mile. 6.0 to 6.2 for the 4th, 6.5 or 9:13 pace for about 6-7minutes. Back down to 5.5 for a break. And then cause Tiffany ended her run this way, I ran 7.5 or 8min/mile pace for the last two minutes of my run. Finished about 6miles in 1:02:39ish. Hopefully tomorrow I can get another run in. It'll have to be without Tiffany cause I have other commitments at our usual 8:30ish time. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

jen said...

Nice run! Great sprint at the end, that's awesome.

I just saw your comment about coming up here in May, yay! I would love to just go for a run together if you can fit it in! If our schedules don't match up I can definitely point you in the right direction. Remind me closer to May and we'll figure it out. :)

SJ said...

It doesn't seem like I've been following your blog for that long (maybe I'd be surprised) and you have really done amazing things and progressed so far already! Good job, Kelly!

RunToFinish said...

to be clear I didn't care for the newman's chocolate...but that's just me!

way to go on getting in the runs...soon you'll no longer be a beginner!

teacherwoman said...

We all have those runs where they aren't the best. It's all part of the game.

Good luck!

Jess said...

Still sounds like a quality run even if you weren't totally feeling it!

Jogger said...

Yeah...so what are you going to change your blog name to when you're not a beginner anymore?! =) I always wonder what I'm going to do if I become a runner rather than a jogger at some point...hmmm...

You're doing so well though. I take all of your runs personal because we are so close in ability at this point, and our races are on the same weekend. =)