Thursday, February 19

Evening run.

Woke up late after having running buddy call me earlier to say she was sick. So, I hope Tiffany, you're feeling better tonight. Hubby and I lounged around (I got my quilt ready to be quilted at the shop he played video games) and around 12, we said "Let's just eat lunch, we'll go to the gym later". I had hummus with carrots and he had a sammich. Nice low key, so nice not to go out for lunch!

It's a good thing we didn't go out cause hubby got called into work because of a family emergency with the other pharmacist. So he left me around 1:45. After lusting after the french onion soup from PW all morning, I set out for some errands. I got myself a fancy new soup pot from TJ Maxx. New tank tops for running in which I really hadn't planned on getting but really, can you pass up 6 dollar tank tops? No you can't.

Off to the gym. I did an interval run. Starting with a warm up mile at 5.5. Then did 800meter (is that a 1/2mile? cause that's what I ran) with 400m recovery. My 1/2 miles ranged from 6.0 or 10min mile up to 8.0 or a 7:50min mile for the last 1/4. I did start walking my 1/4mile by my third of six intervals cause the 5.5 break just wasn't slow enough. And my 6th interval was 7.5 for the first 1/4mile and then a 0.1mile walk break then back up to 8.0 for the last 1/4mile. Quick walk and I was done. I'm not super pleased cause I walked and couldn't really hack it. But it was 5 more miles. So I can't complain.

On the way home I got all the ingredients for the french onion soup plus m&m cookies for the hubby when he gets home tonight. Just put the soup in the oven, hope the new pot doesn't explode!

6 comments:

joyRuN said...

Great job on the speedwork!

Jogger said...

Whoa mama. I've been wanting to make PW's french onion since she posted it last week. I just haven't brought my dead arse to the store to get the ingredients. Lemme know how it is! I'll make that this weekend with those elusive bacon chocolate chip cookies that I was supposed to make last weekend!

Jogger said...

And good job on your run. If you got the 5 miles, it doesn't matter how you got there.

Blyfinn said...

Nice speed workout. If there are any m&m cookies left you can send them my way.

ECrunnergirl said...

Good job on the speed work and dont worry about the walking part :-) My running buddy and I walk all the time between hard repeats....not long but we walk to catch our breath. You still get lots of benefits! Hope the soup was tasty!!

melinda said...

Nice tank top buy! Also, good job on the speed work.. 5 miles is a lot! I like to do speed work for umm... 3 miles?