Saturday, January 3

Maybe I should revise my goal...

Today I woke up at 6:51am, not enough time to get to the 7am yoga class I was planning on at the gym. :( But I knew I wanted to start out the day right so I dragged myself out of bed and went to the gym anyways. My legs and lower back were so sore, I guess from the hill workout or maybe the swing dancing last night...I decided to swim. I wanted to do at least a 1/2hr maybe more. I swam 10laps without stopping and caught my breath, 13:42 for 10laps. After a few minutes I dove back in and didn't stop until lap 21 to take a peek at my watch. So the other day I did 21 laps in 29:11 or so and at about lap 19 I thought my watch said 21minutes, and I thought. I'm going to crush this time I had the other day! Well when I peeked at my watch at 21 it was 31 something. My watch must have said 27minutes and not 21. Oh well. Kept swimming. Decided to swim a mile cause other than really thirsty I was feeling good. Swam 36laps for 1800 yards which my mathematical husband says is a little over a mile. Yay! Somehow I think that swimming a mile, if I keep this up, won't be much of a stretch. I swam my 36 laps with one break at 10laps and then one more cause I almost choked to death on nasty a%$ pool water at lap 27 or so. But I feel great. Yay no running, yay cross training!

Tonight we're making dinner for some friends, one of who's a veggie. So, I'm making my mom's manicotti recipe. mmm.

2 comments:

ECrunnergirl said...

Mmmm....manicotti? That sounds awesome! And good job on that swim! Im jealous...of the three sports....swimming is the one I dread the most. Ugh....you have inspired me! I really really need to get into the pool.

jen said...

Wow, awesome swim! I am also inspired to get to the pool. Maybe...