Sunday, December 28

Happy Holidays.

So I've come to realization on why I don't gain weight during the holidays. The crappy eating habits everyone seems to obtain during this time of year which leads to weight gain...well, that's how I eat all the time. Seriously, I could and sometimes do dessert at every meal. Or I just wake up and eat chocolate, skipping real breakfast entirely. Case in point, today I had a turtle chex mex bar for breakfast. Two donuts after my run and that's what I've eaten so far today. Meh. If I really worry about my weight I'll curb the sweets. But I'm really not that motivated.

After my big 2 MILE WEEK! Yes, that's right. My two miles were my only run of the whole week. And, frankly, I enjoyed it! I drove my new car around, Christmas shopped, spent time with family and didn't mind not running. But today I decided to cheat on my running buddy. Sorry running buddy! I went to do 4miles at the gym. Did the third as intervals NOT walking during my breaks, go me. After walking two minutes after finishing 4miles I decided to pick up the pace and run another mile for a total of 5.2miles in 55minutes or so. My base was 5.7 on the treadmill which is about 10:36 average pace for the total run? Maybe? I forget. Tomorrow is a 4mile run with the buddy which I am SO looking forward to. After my run I did pushups ten in a row! I did a total of 20, I think I'm getting a little better, didn't wuss out after 5.

I think my running buddy and I need shirts for our 1/2 or full marathon debut. How about the back that says "My running buddy has the best running buddy" with our names on the front so people can cheer for us in particular during the race. What do you think?

7 comments:

Elisabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elisabeth said...

Try this again... =)

I like the shirt idea! My sister and I were talking about shirts to wear for the Boilermaker in July. Matching shirts are fun! =)

Blyfinn said...

I'd cheer for you guys if I saw you wearing them.

teacherwoman said...

The shirts are a fun idea!

joyRuN said...

Good job on the 5 miles!

I like the shirt idea. I always see people wearing them in a race & wish I'd done something as creative.

Nicole said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I'm always a big fan of names on the front shirt - the cheers help.

ECrunnergirl said...

Sometimes, eating chocolate for breakfast goes good with coffee too. I do the same thing sometimes....if the goods are laying around my kitchen :-)

I LOVE the shirt idea for you and your running buddy. My running buddy got us matching tank tops this summer that says "sole sistas" on the front and then our marathon dates on the back. Its very cool....and a super good idea :-)