Tuesday, December 30

ah, I remember swimming.

So, my running buddy and I have been researching training plans and, a lot of them include cross training. I decided to hit the pool this morning and brave the bikini again. Bikini, still fit for starters, so that was good. I huffed and puffed my way two laps at a time to 8 laps. I took a break every 100yrds to stand and catch my breath. Then I dove in and went at a much slower pace, I think I must have been trying to go really fast for the first 8 because I made it from 8 to 21 without another break. And, I was even sad to see my hubby standing out there waiting for me cause it felt so good. It really surprised me, I was shocked to see how far I got since I haven't set foot in a pool since October 3rd. I was hoping to make it just one length. But 13 laps in a row with probably more to spare is much more than I could have asked for. I was definitely tired and I feel like my whole body got a workout now. But I feel pretty good! Happy Tuesday!

HBBC points:
30min swimming: +2

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the swim, Kelly! Way to go!

Mom on the Run said...

Way to get back in the pool. I need to start cross training a bit but the thought of getting into a pool makes me cold - where's my blanket? How do you do it?!?

Elisabeth said...

Oooh, I love swimming. You're making me want to go to the pool tonight!

jen said...

Wow, you picked it right up where you left off! Nice work!! I need to get back in the pool so bad.

Blyfinn said...

Nice swim. I have not been in a pool for a long time. Hal Higdon has some great training plans.

RunToFinish said...

swimming is fantastic cross training! If I had access to a pool I would be doing it a lot..but no gym membership right now and that's ok