Saturday, November 1

Sort of speedy.

Well, not entirely, just the middle.

I got this workout from the runner's world half marathon plan, and I like it. 2miles warm up, 1:00 5-7 aerobic intervals, walking in between for me, 2miles cool down. Can I just say that the cool down is SO hard. I just wanted to be done, but I did it! Yay. My AI's were from 7.0-8.5 which was a 7:03 min/mile for the last two intervals. I did a full mile in between my warm up and cool down and I think it was about 10:30 total with the walking and what not.

As for other workouts, didn't go as planned. Wednesday I did a 5K in about 33min with my new running buddy. Molly had eaten a big lunch so we walked for maybe a km in the middle? It seemed like a long walk but it was fun. And no vomiting, which is always a good goal to have during a run. Thursday was my husband's day off and we ended up getting a late start to the day (I have to confess we played Little Big Planet for 2.5 hours! And it was my idea!). Wanted to wake up a 7am on Friday to get a workout in ... but we split a bottle of wine Thursday night and went to bed late after playing more video games. We were lazy! But I think I did about 10miles this week, maybe 12-13 next week. Maybe it'll be easier to do 15miles if I work up to making the time in my week? Does that make sense?

I really enjoyed MJC's race report and can't wait to hear the others. Good luck NCrunner!

3 comments:

Blyfinn said...

Nice job on the speed work! 10 min mile is good when you even had walk breaks in there.

M*J*C said...

Great job on your workouts! Walk breaks are the best!!!!

ncrunner12 said...

Really good job on your workouts yo! Thanks for the good luck... I may need it.