Friday, November 14

I do not have a brain tumor!

It was in fact, an Ocular Migraine! Thank you Joy for your awesome diagnosing skills, but I do not think it was day shift, I have never worked overnight in my life :) Usually harmless, but if it interferes with my daily tasks (like driving) I should stop what I'm doing and rest. (I got that from the internet) My Dr. said it could happen again two weeks from now, two months, two years, and/or never again! Yay. I did have a full workup from my ophthalmologist who was very nice and helpful and talked to me for quite a while about it. Also talked to me about how there must be a God out there somewhere....it was a long appointment. The Dr said "well I know you're here for an exam but you know...."... 1/2hr later (it felt like) he was still talking. But he was very very nice and I will continue to see him, but a little, not what I expected to hear about you know? Weird. I did get a new pair of glasses, thank you vision insurance through my hubby's work!

This afternoon I ran .... drum role please... 7.2 miles!!!! Yes! I am smiling right now. Took me 1:25ish I guess, I stopped the treadmill three times so I may have lost count. I took many walk breaks but generally ran about 5.5. I think one mile was 5.0 three or so miles were at 5.7....the last 0.5 was at 6.2 just cause I could. So there, long run out of the way.

Weekly total up to 14 miles. Oh la dee da.

5 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

Way to go on the miles!

joyRuN said...

Excellent job on 7.2 miles!! Especially on a hamster wheel - I cannot stay on there that long.

So glad to hear you don't have a brain tumor, but do have a very nice eye doc :)

Blyfinn said...

Glad to hear the eye thing was nothing really serous.

And congrats on the long run!

ncrunner12 said...

Congrats on the run yo... great job!

M*J*C said...

That was a great run!! So glad to hear that everything turned out ok with "the brain"!!!!