Wednesday, November 5

Another run!

I wasn't expecting to run today. I had a 12hr shift at work today, but at 5:22 central staffing called to tell me that I was on call and to call at 10am to the floor to see if they needed me at 11am. Called at 10 and the charge said "stay on call girl, stay on call". So I went to the gym. I ran on the treadmill. 1st mile 5.5, 2nd 6.0, third (last 8minutes) 6.5 with two minutes of walking. Tired. I'm not sore from yesterday, maybe I'm just fatigued.

Could I be faster outside? I looked at my 3.1miles outside which was a whole minute/mile faster than my run was today. I think that when I'm on the treadmill too, that I look at the clock or how far I have left to go. When I'm outside I just know I need to run till I get back to my car or something. Hmm... I called up my running buddy since I heard she just started two months of night shifts and said "whenever you want to run just call me". She replied with "I think I have a stress fracture". :/ I hope she feels better soon! I like running outside especially with somebody.

4 comments:

Blyfinn said...

It's always great to get in those unexpected runs. Have to love that.

Blyfinn said...

I wouldn't say all the time. I just have the Google reader running in the background at work most of the time. So when someone posts something during the day I normally see it pretty quick. Would you like me to wait? :)

M*J*C said...

Hey! It sounds like your workouts are coming along great!! I haven't run on the treadmill much, so I'm not sure...but it's great that you're getitng them in! Hope your running buddy is better soon!!

ncrunner12 said...

that's no good for your running buddy, sorry to hear that. I don't see how you run on the TM as much as you do, I mean it's good and all but it just so boring... but maybe that's just me.