Monday, October 6

New 5K pr.

I participated in the race for the cure yesterday morning. Woke up at 5am, after planning to wake up at 6:00, cut fabric for the quilt feeling icky. I had eaten a pound of strawberries on a whim Saturday night after a glass and a half of wine... pretty sure that's why I woke up with a sour stomach. Pre race medicated myself with Imodium and peptobismol tablets, this was going to be a great race. On the ride there, I honestly thought I might throw up. Yay. I love feeling this way! Got to the event, got my number. At about 8:15 my hubby got there and grabbed my stuff and I got back across the start line before they turned the timing mat on. Race started at 8:30 right on time and since I was being timed, I was able to be at the front of the huge pack. I didn't bring my ipod for the nike + or the music so it was me and all the other thousands of runners. I liked having run this course before, I knew there would be a water stop just after the turn around and I looked forward to it. Not having my ipod there, it was hard to judge distance. I felt like I did nothing but get passed the whole race. There were some good runners out there. I was even passed by two ladies pushing strollers. I kept telling myself that they had probably been running a lot longer than me, this is only my second year running...blah blah blah. I walked through the water stop drank about 1/2 a cup and tossed it in the trash and started running again. Last year by that point I had started walking after about 1km. I walked probably close to half the race last year, it was so hot. I think I finished somewhere around 38:14 last year. This year, they changed up the finish line so you had an incline right before the line. Evil. I finished in about 30:30 I think which will be a pr once I have the official time results. Yay. Didn't puke, didn't feel too bad afterwards. That was about it. Good run, outside for once. I love all the support and positive attitudes around that race. I'm sure I'll do it again next year.

Oh yes, and for those who remember a few posts ago, I'd been talking myself up for about 6months to some of the doctors on the floor. One of them, Dr. T. did pass me. I never saw Dr. I. so he'll be a mystery until I see him at work or see his name of the results list. I'm too impatient. I want to know how I did!

2 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

You took eight minutes off your 5K time and you averaged just under 10 minute miles! Way to go!

Hmmm...wine...that sounds really good right now!

M*J*C said...

Great job!!!!! That's awesome that you have a new PR!!!! Maybe I should eat some strawberries before my marathon?!?!? LOL!
In your post on my blog you asked if I was doing TNT, YES I am and I LOVE IT!!! I can not say enough good things about it, best thing I have ever done in my life, EVER!!!