Tuesday, September 30

So, last night I went to the gym for a swim cause my legs were still a little sore from Saturday. And, I don't know if it was the five handfuls of french onion sun chips that I scarfed down before going to the gym. Or the fact that I had just worked two 12s Sunday and Monday. But I could only swim 10 laps and had to take a break at 5. My heartrate felt tachy and I felt really out of breath and slow. I just gave up. At least I got off the couch right? I'm trying to wake up now to go to the gym for a "quick" 5K. We'll see how that goes. This weekend I'm doing the race for the cure and two doctors and I have this bet going. Dr. T and I have been saying we're going to crush Dr. I in the race. It's a friendly little rivalry. I told Dr I about my 7:27 mile and he started stepping on my feet. I said "hey! What are you doing?". And he replied "Just taking out my competition, giving me more of a fair chance". But he's been running a lot longer than me and Dr. T. runs 5-7miles just for fun. Yikes. I don't know what I've gotten myself into.

1 comment:

ncrunner12 said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Stay focused and kick some ass.