Saturday, September 27

One mile race.

7:20... about. Don't have the official chip time. But, yay a PR! I passed the first 1/4mile split in 1:25 and thought wtf?! (that was the main downhill portion of the race). Then the second at 3:00 and wondered if I was really running a 6min mile cause it didn't feel like I was going that fast. Passed a few people from 1/2-3/4 and passed two more in the last 1/4mile. Crushed last years time of 9:00 even. I'll post the real chip time and standings when I get them. Shouldn't have had the luna bar right before leaving the house, left me slightly nauseous during the race. I think I ran fast because I wasn't feeling well... :/ Well got me to the finish line faster. Brian (husband) missed the race because my heat was scheduled to start at 8:30 and really started at 8:15. So I waited for him to stroll to the finish line at 8:31. He said "in my defense I started walking to get here about 8 minutes before I thought you were going to finish". Poor guy, drove me and held my stuff and then missed the finish... well the whole race. He felt bad, I felt bad, I should have told him go straight to the finish, you never know about times. Oh well. I'm sure the race photographer got a picture of me finishing. We weren't able to stay for awards, I wonder if they gave out age group awards? I wonder where I placed? I hate waiting, I'm too impatient!


Final results:

76 Kelly Hennen 26 F 10/14 7:27

Placed 76th/85. The girls I passed at the end were 22. Huh, that sorta makes me feel good. Although I didn't pass them by much, they finished right around 7:31. Still, yay.

3 comments:

SJ said...

Awesome time, Kelly! Congratulations! I think you may have inspired me...:)

Mom on the Run said...

Way to go!

ncrunner12 said...

Nice job! It feels great to get a PR and you destroyed yours... congrats