Wednesday, September 10

Hi!


This week so far.


Did a really fun workout on Monday. Did 30minutes on the treadmill, 2.62 miles with 11:33ap. Then I had a quick rinse in the shower before heading out and swimming. My legs felt like jello walking into the water. But it felt so good to swim. I swam about 25minutes slowly with a total of about 14 laps of 700 yards. Nice little mini brick work out if I do say so myself.


My husband dragged me to the gym today and I ran 4miles. That's right 4. All in a row, not counting the potty break at 2miles in. 47:56 with 11:48ap. So proud of myself for not stopping (for the most part). Well more like stopping and giving up and throwing in the towel. Yay. I've decided to follow the ultimate half marathon plan from Runners World and probably will need to stretch it out over more than 9 weeks as my base has gone SO far down hill. And I probably won't be able to finish the 13.1 in October for the festival of races. Hmmm.... we'll see. I guess I'll follow the plan and still keep it on my calender. Maybe I can switch to the 5K. Eh.


Yesterday was our anniversary. Brian got me an anniversary ring ( I kind of talked him into it ). We'd seen a ring we liked at Tiffany's at Harrods in London. But at 1450 pounds it was out of our price range. So we came back to the states and found a simple but similar ring at a store here in town. I'll see if I can post a picture... give me a minute.... Well that's the ring we got here. And it's front and center, sorry. But I love it and it looks marvelous with my other rings. It's sandwiched between my wedding band and my engagement ring. I think Brian's getting a little sick of me admiring my hand but it's his fault! :)
Hope everyone is having a good week. Here's to excitement about new training plans. Here's hoping I stick with it this time!.



1 comment:

Mom on the Run said...

Beautiful choice Kelly -- er, I mean, Brian :-) I love your new ring!

Way to go on the 4 miles!!! You've got it in you!