Wednesday, July 23

So...

Another run today. 3miles. I can't seem to run without walking at some point. :( I tried to do some speed work, running approx. .5miles at a faster pace then slowing down for .25 and then picking the pace back up again. Had to walk the last 0.25miles (not just slow down to a jog) and then sped it up for the very last 0.25 at 7.0 for a big finish.

After my run I treated myself to sitting outside by the pool at the gym. I burnt myself. I don't know what I was thinking, maybe "well it's before 11, I don't need sunscreen". I'm an oncology nurse, I should really know better! I'm just kicking myself and sick that I did that. My chest is all red and pink, very irritated. I'm going to be a hurting unit tomorrow. And it's not at all a sexy tan, it's lobster, painful...just a bummer!!!!

AH!

2 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

I feel your sunburn pain!

It's great to see how you keep improving. Keep at it. You'll be able to look back at this in another month and be proud of your progress (you should be proud already). Thank you, too, for the blog link!

ncrunner12 said...

being the Irish boy I am I completely understand your pain. Get some aloe!

Don't stress too much on the 3 miles, it does get easier... just stick with it.