Saturday, July 12

Hello world. This week: awful/no running. I'm in a slump. And it's been this way for weeks. I've found swimming thanks to my cousin. I think I did about 30minutes maybe 45 in the pool today but I didn't count laps. Then I went upstairs at the gym and did 2.5miles...slow. I got really hot and icky today. Last night I did 2 miles and I turned up the speed to try and make 2 miles in under 20 minutes (no laughing). I was running at 7.0. As soon as I hit the cool down button I checked my heart rate with the handles, 180. I think that seems a little high especially with a history of sudden cardiac death in the family. But I was sprinting of sorts. But now I'm kinda worried. I don't think I should sprint like that any more until I'm more fit. Not that anything will happen to me at 26, but you never know. Scary.

Tomorrow I work another 12. Maybe I'll make it out on Monday? Definitely Tuesday. Happy weekend.

2 comments:

ncrunner12 said...

Don't go too fast yo, 7 min mile is nice but not if you're going to hurt yourself. Try not to lose any motivation, but keep up the swimming... think I'd have a hart attack after 45 min of swimming.

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the funk. Just give it some time. Rest up. You'll be back at it...